Director, HCP US Marketing - Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder)
My client, a small, global, publicly traded biopharmaceutical company based in Boston, MA combines groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening, and often ultra-rare diseases. The company’s scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of that play an important role in the body's immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. They are driven by the following values: Find Answers, Change the World, and Create a Legacy.
This patient-centric company offers a collaborative culture of like-minded individuals gathered around a common goal. Smart, driven, high-performing colleagues for you to partner with! Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you can make a real difference.
As the company continues to grow and launch new products (8-10 launches expected over the next 2-3 years!), so do their needs.
Currently seeking a Director, HCP US Marketing - Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) to join their team.
- Strong US focused pharmaceutical HCP marketing experience
- Experience with rare disease or orphan products is a plus
- Desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
- May be based in Boston office, part-time remote if close to a HUB in PA, Boston or CT, or completely remote with periodic travel to Boston office
The Director, HCP US Marketing - Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) will be responsible for the development and implementation of broad US strategic and tactical marketing plans and develop promotional materials to support execution of brand and disease messages to multiple audiences. In addition to these marketing responsibilities, the incumbent will focus on the leadership and development of Healthcare Professional (HCP) strategies and tactics to achieve Business Unit objectives.
In partnership with Executive & Regional Sales Directors, Commercial Operations, Sales, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, and other cross-functional partners, the Director Marketing, will be responsible for rapidly enhancing the company’s HCP planning and operating capability; including, developing the strategy, and building the tools to enable Clinical Champions to advocate for inclusion of the company’s Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) agent on formulary and in Protocols and for HCPs to better find, diagnose and treat patients with life threatening bleeds.
- Participate in developing the short and long terms strategic plan and tactical plan
- Support development and implementation of US strategic and tactical marketing plans
- Lead the Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) HCP strategy
- Lead the Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) HCP segmentation & targeting strategy
- Develop tools to drive Rare Disease bleed diagnosis and treatment, that demonstrate the value of the company’s Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) agents
- Partner with the company’s diagnostic leads to develop tools and tactics to improve the diagnostic processes and reduce time to diagnosis
- Lead and conduct regular business reviews to identify opportunities and overcome barriers
- Develop innovative strategic initiatives that support rapid diagnosis and support treatment utilization with the company’s Rare Disease (Bleeding Disorder) agent
- Develop promotional materials to support execution of brand and disease messages to multiple audiences
- Cultivate strong relationships with cross functional teams, including global marketing, market research and the field sales organizations to develop market insights
- Collaborate with wide range of cross-functional teams to ensure coordinated execution across roles and responsibilities
- Track and monitor key performance indicators
- Collaborate with legal, regulatory, and compliance stakeholders to ensure compliant development and execution of all activities and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business field required; Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA) preferred
- 5+ years marketing experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Prior sales experience is a plus
- Significant commercial experiences, with demonstrated success in marketing
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Consistent demonstration of learning agility and comfort work in ‘blank canvass’ environments.
- Highly customer focused: from large accounts, physicians, patients, and payors
- Expert knowledge of local political environment and access issues
- Experience in hematology, oncology and/or nephrology is a plus
- Rare disease experience is strongly desired but may consider without
- A track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics that have delivered strong commercial results
- Experience in managing external agencies and vendors and managing promotional budgets
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to collaborate in a matrix environment
- Track record that demonstrates personal initiative, the ability to build high performing teams, and the ability to overcome significant challenges
- Demonstrates strong personal ethics and responsibility to purpose
- High level of interpersonal skills and highly adept in both verbal & written communication
- Strong scientific orientation and background
- Business Acumen
- Priority Setting
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Conflict Management
- Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus